New User Instructions (Students and Post-Docs)
- Regardless whether you plan to do the experiments yourself or the microscopy will be performed by center staff: Go to UMass FOM and create an account
- Apply for training for the instrument you want to use in UMass FOM
- Make sure you general laboratory and fire safety training are up to date (UMass OWL).
- Stop by at A-528 during office hours (usually Tuesdays 4 pm - 5 pm and Fridays 1 pm - 2:30 pm) to setup additionally required accounts (EM storage), get instructions, schedule hands-on-training and questions (~30 min).
- Hands on training for the respective EMs or AFMs will be scheduled individually once all requirements for access to the center are met.
- No personal samples are permitted unless you are instructed to bring one.
- Make sure to bring a notebook!